1. Chu H*, Gao GF, Ma Y, Fan K, Delgado-Baquerizo M. Soil microbial biogeography in a changing world: Recent advances and future perspectives. mSystems, 2020, 5: e00803-19.
2. Fan K, Delgado-Baquerizo M, Guo X, Wang D, Wu Y, Zhu M, Yu W, Yao H, Zhu YG, Chu H*. Suppressed N fixation and diazotrophs after four decades of fertilization. Microbiome, 2019, 7:143.
3. Yang T, Tedersoo L, Soltis PS, Soltis DE, Gilbert JA, Sun M, Shi Y, Wang H, Li Y, Zhang J, Chen Z, Lin H, Zhao Y, Fu C, Chu H*. Phylogenetic imprint of woody plants on the soil mycobiome in natural mountain forests of eastern China. The ISME Journal, 2019, 13:686–697.
4. Shi Y, Li Y, Xiang X, Sun R, Yang T, He D, Zhang K, Ni Y, Zhu Y, Adams JM, Chu H*. Spatial scale affects the relative role of stochasticity versus determinism in soil bacterial communities in wheat fields across the North China Plain. Microbiome, 2018, 6:27.
5. Yang T, Adams JM, Shi Y, He J, Jing X, Chen L, Tedersoo L, Chu H*. Soil fungal diversity in natural grasslands of the Tibetan Plateau: associations with plant diversity and productivity. New Phytologist, 2017, 215: 756–765.
6. Zeng J, Liu X, Song L, Lin X, Zhang H, Shen C, Chu H*. Nitrogen fertilization directly affects soil bacterial diversity and indirectly affects bacterial community composition. Soil Biology & Biochemistry, 2016, 92:41-49.
7. Sun R, Zhang X, Guo X, Wang D, Chu H*. Bacterial diversity in soils subjected to long-term chemical fertilization can be more stably maintained with the addition of livestock manure than wheat straw. Soil Biology & Biochemistry, 2015, 88: 9-18.
8. Shen C, Liang W, Yu S, Lin X, Zhang H, Wu X, Xie G, Chain P, Grogan P, Chu H*. Contrasting elevational diversity patterns between eukaryotic soil microbes and plants. Ecology, 2014, 95: 3190-3202.
9. Shen C, Xiong J, Zhang H, Feng Y, Lin X, Li X, Liang W, Chu H*. Soil pH drives the spatial distribution of bacterial communities along elevation on Changbai Mountain. Soil Biology & Biochemistry, 2013, 57: 204-211.
10. Chu H*, Fierer N, Lauber C, Caporaso JG, Knight R, Grogan P. Soil bacterial diversity in the Arctic is not fundamentally different from that found in other biomes. Environmental Microbiology, 2010, 12: 2998-3006.